4.24.2006

Right back at ya!

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson of Missouri recently sent a letter to a constituent that concluded with the following happy-go-lucky sentence: "i think you're an asshole." The letter, in its entirety, can be found here.

According to this article, "Emerson says she can't explain how the offensive language made it into the letter, which otherwise reads like a typical response to a citizen's question about last year's testimony of oil executives before the Senate Commerce Committee."

I can't tell you how many times I was tempted to add a comment like that at the end of a letter to one of my asshole clients.

In fact, one time, Bleached-blond-poodle-hair-secretary-from-hell inserted a similar phrase at the end of one of my letters to a particulary difficult client. If I recall, it was something along the lines of "I hate you, stop calling me." I caught it right away, and BBPHSFH assured me that even if I hadn't she would have deleted it before it went out, but I still wonder.

Maybe Rep. Emerson's stuck with a Poodle Head as well. It would certainly explain the horrendous gaffe.

In fact, if you recall, BBPHSFH was recently fired from my old firm. Maybe Rep. Emerson's secretary is BBPHSFH. Now, that would explain a lot.